Thursday, December 3, 2009

pride goeth before the fall

Pride:
Yesterday we put out some scraps for our kitties, and the neighborhood cat stopped over for a snack. Jaylee tried 2 times to run it off, but the temptation was too great for the little feline. I had seen Jason shoot Wes' bb gun so I decided it might scare the cat away.
I got the gun and it had bbs in it so that was a plus. The safety was not on (which it should have been) and I knew there was some sort of pump action.
Well, the little gun was not quite as easy to operate as I had figured, but come on, it belongs to a 7 yr old. It had to be mastered. So after some trying, I got all the sequence of things down... load bb into chamber, close chamber, pump gun sereral times, aim, and fire.
It was a success... somewhere in the "b"hind.
Well, I called my husband to brag on myself for being so resourceful, and he did not seem as impressed as I had hoped.... thus my pride.
The fall
As soon as JF got home, I got out the gun to show him how I had bagged by trophy. I commented to him that it was wierd that the gun did not sit straight. He ask me what I meant. I told him I had to twist the gun around and hold it at a crooked angle to line up the green dot in the little v on the top of the gun. He started laughing and told me to hold the gun straight and to ....(are you ready for this?) move my head. Are you kidding me? I told him my head was attached.... I knew what he meant, but it seemed easier to move the gun than to move my head. He was still laughing.

If I had not been so intent on impressing him, I would have missed the humiliation.....
isn't life fun?

1 comment:

jaymie said...

oh leslee that is SOOO funny!!!! Well, no matter how you did it, I'M impressed!! I've been meaning to email you because I thought we should let you know that if we have a girl...there is a 50-50 chance her name will be Jaylie. Spelled a little different, but same name. Call us copy cats, but its a great name!!! :) We'll keep you posted. Hopefully it won't take us TOO long to name it once its born, we're having a little trouble as of now. We'll see. Hope y'all are doing well.