Monday, July 5, 2010

the serious side

I have been doing lots of thinking these days... I guess with school "out", I have time for such things.
Some of my thoughts have lingered on:
1. How blessed I am... husband, kids, health, friends...just to name a few.
2. How great God is... and because of this... it leads me to think on
3. How to know Him better
4. How to teach my children about Him
5. Longing to grow spiritually
6. Realizing that what we do with the time we have is of utmost importance.
**7. What we become when we are old is just a magnification of what we have focused on in this life.
**8. We put so much emphasis on control, and being right, and we need to focus on letting God have control and our "rightness" or righteousness only comes through Christ.
**9. As a wife, it is my responsibility to let my husband lead me, and even though this is what I confess I want, in reality it is much harder to accomplish.
**10. I want to go to heaven and even though the streets are made of gold, it is not always an easy journey.

3 comments:

Sydni said...

Me too - to everything you wrote.

leslee said...

Thanks Sydni. I think you are my only reader....
Talked to Susan yesterday, ask her about your family, and she had lots of good things to say!! She sure is impressed with Sayler and Hayven, and from what I've seen with good reason...
Would love to see your family. Give them all a hug from us!

sandy said...

no, you have other readers...me! Love you!, and miss you!