Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Minni

Jason and I are in Minneapolis, MN. The kids are now all at home with Jyl, my friend. Jason spent yesterday in meetings until 5 ish and then had a company supper so I had the whole day to myself.... crazy!
I spent the day at Mall of America, and did not see it all. It is the biggest thing I have ever seen....I also went to IKEA... cheap store, but really neat. It is fun to shop, but sad to have no one to talk to. I like to talk. The people here are really friendly.. and I was surprised by this fact, I would have thought all the friendly people were in Texas!
I am going to the outlet mall today... just because I can. I don't really know what else to do b/c I don't want to get too far off the beaten path...all day yesterday I kept reminding myself about where I parked, what door I came in the mall, which way I had walked in the mall, which way I had driven to the mall.... that Sienfeld episode where they can't find their car kept running through my head... usually my thought revolve around who is touching what and what I have to get so I can get home
It is good to get away sometimes and reflect on what is really important. I can be a calm person, I just get so caught up in trying to do it all, that I forget the most important things sometimes... it is not the person who does it all, but possibly the person who treasures the moments...instead of rushing through them ...
catch you all later

3 comments:

Sydni said...

There are a few friendly people in MT too if you'll recall... ...

Anonymous said...

what fun to get away! now i know why you didn't reply to my email as to what you were doing this week! have a great time...i'm sure jyl is having a wonderful time with the kids as well.

leslee said...

the friendly people in MT know people from Texas, thus you wonder if they could be friendly on their own...:) you are one of my favorites... lf