Thursday, October 9, 2008

41

I just had my 41st bday!.. it was not near as bad as 40.... After 40, I am sort of looking forward to the whole maturing thing...the worst part is the way your body starts to change....I had always heard about it, even seen it in others, but thought somehow that it would escape me ...but it has not-- and it is an adjustment

The main reason I mention the fact that I turned a year older, is because this was one of my best birthdays.... Jason planned (key word--planned) a time for us in Amarillo... baybsitter and all! It was his parents as babysitters and the kids loved that. Anyway, we went to Canyon to drop off the kids and then on to Amarillo.... I picked where we ate lunch.... what we ate.... and then whatever we did all day... shopping --even at the mall! and he did not complain ONCE--he did not even look like he was bored or irritated! Then he had gotten us a room at a nice hotel...and we changed and went to eat ---across town! still no complaints and then back across town to the movie-- a love story! and he stayed AWAKE! Then we went back to our hotel for the night. Next morning, we had a good breakfast and met the kids at church.---By the way, next morning was Wes' birthday---he turned 6! He picked where we ate lunch and opened his gifts... and we headed back to Dalhart. When we got home, I found 2 gifts on the porch waiting for me .... how sweet!
After church, Jason had to return something to a friend's house, and he ask me to run it up to the house, and they had a suprise party for me !!!! YEA... delicious fajitas with all the trimmings, and my favorite cake (baked by a dear friend--it was heavenly)
So Just when I think I have had a great bday, I get a call from my Wednesday Friends and we are going to meet at the BarH for supper on Tuesday... The funny part is I hated to be late, so when I was a few minutes late, I scanned the place for the girls, and did not see anyone. So I was seated at a large table and waited.... and waited.... and had these flashbacks from school and practical jokes.... I called my sister..... and then my friends walked in....( I did not realize the dependable friends were the ones who moved.) We ( except for Katy) all sat in the exact same place we usually do(we do the dinner thing for everyone's birthday) except it was sad that Amy and Teresa were not there....I realized how much I missed our Wed Times. I was sporatic at best, but that seems to be how we do things when we don't realize they may not always be there.
I would have to say I would put my friends and family up against anyones as the sweetest and most thoughtful....
I hope that your next birthday will show you how much you are loved and how blessed you are by those that God has placed in your life!

4 comments:

Enjoying the journey... said...

I am so glad you had a good birthday! Sorry for being late! I didn't even realize I sat in a different spot, funny. It was so good to laugh that much!! I hope you blog soon about your kids T the eye doctor---you have a way of telling a story that makes us all feel like it could have been us!!! Happy Birthday and welcome to 41!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday. I'm so glad that it was special to you. I'm sad that I missed out on our dinner time :( especially knowing all of the great stories and laughs that were shared. Can y'all record it next time, ha! Anyway, congrats on being a beautiful 41!!

Sydni said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds GREAT. I'm so impressed with Jason. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Les,
I thought of you all day, and still didn't even sit down to send a quick note! Don't know why i can remember you and stormi's birthdays', and none of my other cousins, except nickie, because he and lex have the same one. Oh my, i'm rattling. that also happens along with the body thing! Just wanted to tell you i love you and i'm so glad jason took the time to let you celebrate! You are very deserving! Will talk more later. But, happy birthday, and welcome to the 40's! love ya, sandy